Greetings from Dromiceius!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Dromiceius

Post by Dromiceius »

I'm a 21 year old flightless bird related to the ostrich and cassowary... How that will figure in the quality of my recordings, I'm not sure.

Having lurked for a few months and finally figuring out which plug goes into which hole in my brother's ungodly SBlive! card, I think I'm just about ready to jump in and contribute.

Let the insanity commence! :D
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

welcome!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Excellent, Dromiceius! Has anything in particular grabbed your fancy as a firstie, or are you still looking..?
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Excellent, welcome!

If you've been lurking for a few months, you probably know about the Newbie Guide to Recording, up in our wiki (linked to at the top of this page). Good resource!

If you've not done recording, I'd like to encourage you to do a short piece (Weekly Poetry is a good place to go) and ask folks to listen for technical issues that you may not have noticed.

Looking forward to hearing your voice. Squawk! :)

-Catharine
anna

Post by anna »

Welcome :D
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
kayray

Post by kayray »

Perhaps you and my two noisy parakeets would get along well :)

Welcome!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Dromiceius

Post by Dromiceius »

Cori wrote:Excellent, Dromiceius! Has anything in particular grabbed your fancy as a firstie, or are you still looking..?
Thus Spake Zarathustra. One of my favorite books. I see it's actually in Going Solo at the moment, but that seems mainly a consequence of only having one reader.
I'd also like to do The Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, which is just plain dandy.
ceastman wrote:If you've been lurking for a few months, you probably know about the Newbie Guide to Recording, up in our wiki (linked to at the top of this page). Good resource!
Yep. Made a point to read pretty much everything written in a sticky or wiki.
kayray wrote:Perhaps you and my two noisy parakeets would get along well :)
I don't know... you know how parakeets are. Mention politics and they'll just go on and on for days. :P

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!