New from the Wilds of Kansas

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
eleanor1183

Post by eleanor1183 »

Well, not really that wild...it would just seem that way to all the Coastal and Lake people. 8)

I'm a homemaker and "mom" of 14 cats with lots of interests, including books of all kinds. My hubby and I essentially live in our own library - last count about 5,000 tomes...and that's just books. Also large vinyl, cassette, & CD music plus VHS and DVD collections....well, you get the idea. Anyway, one of my reading gripes is not being able to read while doing chores, shopping, driving, etc. Enter audiobooks and Librivox! Whoo-hoo!

Well, after listening to some of my favorites I decided, hey what the heck? I can make the time to read a few chapters and/or books. So here I am!

E of A

P.S. My name isn't really Eleanor :wink: , but E of Aquitaine is one of my absolute favorite historical people, especially as portrayed by Katherine Hepburn.
"Of course he has a knife! We all have knives! It's 1183 and we're all barbarians!"
KATWAL

Post by KATWAL »

Geetings E of the Wilds,

Glad to have you. You will find several who will point you in the right directions to begin your journey as a recorder. Brouse around and you'll find everything quite handy.

Kat
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. M. Mead
Cori

Post by Cori »

Hullo E, lovely to have you hear!

Please do hunt round the place and jump in where you see an intriguing request. However, I'd personally recommend starting with summat short to practice on, just to be sure you've got all your technical things sorted out ... the Weekly Poetry is a good choice.

Also, if you'd like to lend your ears to the cause, the Sneak Preview forum almost always has something interesting up.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
kayray

Post by kayray »

Hi E! Glad to see you've jumped right in with some Dickens. Let us know if you want to submit a quick recording sample so we can help you check for funny background noise or other little glitches before you slog through a whole chapter :)

Did you ever read A Proud Taste for Scarlet and Miniver, by E.L. Konigsburg?
http://www.amazon.com/Proud-Taste-Scarlet-Miniver/dp/068984624X

Historical fiction about E of A. I read it several years ago and recall enjoying it a lot. And A Lion in Winter is just tremendous! :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hello E! Glad you found us. :) This is an awesome place!

(Disclaimer: I am a Librivox addict.)

That said, have a great time here, and holler if you have q's.

-Catharine
anna

Post by anna »

Welcome E.

Have fun here

Anna
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.