No Ozzy folk? Shocking!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
szparker

Post by szparker »

Hey ho, Steve Parker here from Adelaide, South Australia.

I am right onto this for so many reasons, however I don't usually have an awful amount of time to read through endless forums, (believe it or not, acting is actually hard work! {Yes I am an actor, no I don't wear tights! :D }), so as much as I would absolutely love to read pretty much anything at all, it would be a lot easier if folk would write to me and give me a list of what they require.

I know it's a lot to ask, and hopefully I should be able to make time to hunt it all down myself, but sometimes that just wont be possible.

Anyway, gotta go now, rehearsals yet again...
kri

Post by kri »

Unfortunately it really won't be possible for people to contact you for stuff they need. We have so many volunteers, and so many projects. If you want to participate in a project, just look for the first collaborative project that you see in any of the Readers Wanted sections, and claim something. This is, in many ways, a very decentralized project :)

With that said, you may have a few people respond to this thread advertising their projects for you to help out.

Either way, welcome to the LibriVox!
szparker

Post by szparker »

No probs at all, I kinda figured that would be the case.
I'll head off hunting just as soon as I get back from rehearsals.
szparker

Post by szparker »

Erm... Don't want to seem like an idiot here...(Too late!) But I am not exactly sure I have uploaded the link to the right spot, so here's my first attempt...

http://www.yousendit.com/download/ebVJR8WO
kristin

Post by kristin »

I'm thinking the short story collection. Be sure to read the first post over there.

Here's the link:

http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3347
szparker

Post by szparker »

Thanks heaps! I guess I'll just go... fix the file... erm... before I upload it. Again. :oops:
opheliad

Post by opheliad »

Hi there Steve,

There are a few of us Oz folk at Librivox! I used to live in Adelaide; beautiful city, I love it.

Hope to hear you around the place :D
Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
szparker

Post by szparker »

Excellent!
Alas, I may not be here for long, but I will very much miss this place when I leave.
Good to hear there are more Ocka voices out there! The world NEEDS more Ozzy-ness!
(yes, Ozzy-ness is a word! What!? Oh... right... Ok, I guess I just made it up)
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Oh, you can be a long-term visitor who just pops in every now and then. :D

Librivox is an addiction for most of us... but it's a GOOD addiction!

-Catharine
szparker

Post by szparker »

Oh ho! No, I meant not in Adelaide for long, I'm afraid you have no chance at all of getting me off of Librivox! :D
kristin

Post by kristin »

Just a thought. If you put some sample recordings in the Casting Pool thread in Dramatic Works and the types of parts you would be interested in reading, someone may contact you if they are looking to fill a part.

Casting Pool

(If you're up for a little Shakespeare, Fabian is still open in Twelfth Night. It's the only part left and I bet Heather would love to see it full.)
szparker

Post by szparker »

Thankyou! Very usefull indeed. :D