Hello from Chicago

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JuliaO

Post by JuliaO »

Hello all--I'm an artist working in Chicago, and I am so happy to have found this project. I have always wanted audio books to bring to my studio so that I can listen while making work, but was always unable to afford the commercial ones. This is a dream come true!

I just tried my hand at being a listener for a book in progress and found it very exciting to be part of the process. Maybe one day I will give reading a shot as well. In any case, I look forward to getting to know the interesting folks in this community.
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Welcome JuliaO. There are many projects in the listening stage at the moment so we realy need that kind of help. Once you have listened to a few, you will see how things are done and might want to jump in and record yourself. (Thats what happened to me) Did you get a chance to read over the top post in listeners wanted and see what the readers are looking for? Some of the readers want word perfect, others are willing to let the od word go by, so make sure you read the first post in any thread to see what they are looking for. I find in the solos, they tend to be more particlar about thier work then in collaborative works. Anyways, After being a bit longwinded, I am glad you are here and hope to hear you soon!

Esther

:)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
JuliaO

Post by JuliaO »

Thank you for that bit of advice! I was just helping out with Ulysses, which I gathered was a little loose from the original post. What fun! I will make sure to read that top post carefully for all future listening.

Julia
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hi Julia! Great to have you. :)

Can we see any of your work, huh, can we please??

(Delighted you're interested in proof-listening, btw!)

-Catharine