Hello! Im Cibele!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Ciby

Post by Ciby »

Hello!!
My name is Cibele, im 23, and im from Brazil! I just love audio books, and really wanted to help spread this wonderfull thing around my country!

I love to sing, and everyone tells me i should be a professional voice over, i guess this is the way to start it.

Hope i can help a lot!

Cheers!
Cibele
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello Cibele,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here.
stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Welcome to Librivox.

There are numerous ways to volunteer here. An important one is proof-listening, which consists of checking someone's recording for errors. This is where I started and you learn a lot about how the process works and also some of the things you should do and not do while recording. If you'd like to give that a try, you can find lots of information here: Guide for Proof-Listeners

If you wish to try your hand (or voice as the case may be) at recording, you will find that information here: Newbie Guide to Recording.

We urge you to make a "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording. This test is not an audition; it is so we can make sure your settings, etc. are correct before you spend a lot of time recording and editing a section only to find out it does not meet the required technical specs. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: 1-Minute Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners Wanted Forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

One of our volunteers, Philchenevert, has created a number of videos that you might find helpful as you learn more about the workings of Librivox. You can find a listing of those here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert

We have a lot of fun here, so welcome aboard! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Oh, and just so you can't say you weren't warned...this place can become VERY addictive! :D
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe