Introduction

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Faye

Post by Faye »

Hello everyone,

I just stumbled across LibriVox on my knitting board of all places! Since my knitting has cut my reading time in half, I was looking for cheap audio books. I currently live in Germany, but am moving back to the states in a few months. I'm also about to take the GRE and apply to grad school for Library Science, so I am *supposed* to be studying, but I've very glad to waste my time here.

Cheers
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Welcome Faye! You'll find many other knitter's as well as librarian-types here... funny how these things go together =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
osmia

Post by osmia »

But ... L O L, if you're like me, you'll keep bopping between the forums, re-cording the pieces you've signed up for, figuring out the editing, searching Gutenberg for that story you want to do, proof listening to chapters, and lo and behold, there the knitting sits, abandoned on the chair.

Have fun here :)
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

hehehe... yep, that sounds exactly familiar to me. Though I finished a pair of socks for our knitting group gift exchange next week... while listening to Treasure Island *grins*
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

Hi, Faye,

We've got an amazing group of librarian/knitters here. I still can't get over it.

Where are you applying to library school? I went to UCLA about a zillion years ago. Loved it!
Paula B
The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
http://www.writingshow.com
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Welcome, Faye! The appeal of this site to knitting librarians is rather fascinating! I'm going to library school through U of Missouri's distance education program, so I can do it in St. Louis. Where are you looking to go?
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman