Hello all...

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
systemax57

Post by systemax57 »

I heard about LibriVox via a recent article in PC World Magazine. My
interest in volunteering is that I like to read anyway and if it can be a
service to others to have the book in audio format then all the better. My
grandmother used to read to a sight-impaired couple before she passed away.
I've been a Lions Club member in the past and serving the sight-impaired was
a major tenet of our organization. LibriVox is a wonderful vehicle for me to
continue to be of service to others.
lugau78

Post by lugau78 »

My name is Luciana. My husband found this web and it seemed a lovely idea to share literature with all persons wishing to hear it. See you all here, Luciana :D
Samanem

Post by Samanem »

Hello and welcome to Librivox, both of you! Great to have you with us! One of the greatest things about Librivox is the service it provides to the disadvantaged. In fact, we have several readers who are actually blind, but are well able to contribute with some of the amazing technology that exists today and their ingenuity and determination.

While you're here, you may also be interested in proof-listening, which is a great way to start out! If you'd like to try Proof-Listening, here's a link to the Guide for Proof-Listeners: Guide for Proof-Listeners

As far as recording goes, the files we make do have to be in a certain format: mp3, mono, 44,100Hz, 16-bit, 128kbps and usually louder than most people think! Here's the Newbie Guide to Recording: Newbie Guide to Recording.

And we respectfully urge a 1 Minute Test, to help you get things all set up! Here's a link to the 1-Minute Test Recording: 1-Minute Test that explains how to do all that. You would upload your test and then post the link to the test as a new thread in the Listeners Wanted Forum. Instructions are in the link, including where to upload the link, the username and the password to use, etc. This test is not for any kind of audition purposes, just to make sure that it fits our format technically and that your levels are okay.

One of our volunteers, Philchenevert, has created several great videos that you might find helpful in learning more about Librivox. Here's a list of them: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert

People here are very helpful and friendly, so don't be afraid to ask any questions you have along the way. You can just ask away in this same thread if you have any trouble.

Have fun!

Samanem :D
"I ask to be allowed to have a lamp in the evening;
it is indeed wearisome sitting alone in the dark." ~ William Tyndale (1494-1536)
|