intro

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
elfpen

Post by elfpen »

Chris Howard
Columbus, Mississippi

I came to Libravox looking for something to take on a long driving trip.
Music makes me sleepy on long drives.

I am an Oracle DBA.
I'm into running and amateur (ham) radio.
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Librivox. You will definitely find all kinds of stuff here to listen to on trips. I listen going to and from work each day.

You can search our catalog by title, author, genre, and other options: https://catalog.librivox.org/

There are numerous ways to volunteer here if you decide to do that. An important one is proof-listening, which consists of checking someone's recording for errors. This is where I started and you learn a lot about how the process works and also some of the things you should do and not do while recording. If you'd like to give that a try, you can find lots of information here: Guide for Proof-Listeners

If you wish to try your hand (or voice as the case may be) at recording, you will find that information here: Newbie Guide to Recording.

We urge you to make a "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording. This test is not an audition; it is so we can make sure your settings, etc. are correct before you spend a lot of time recording and editing a section only to find out it does not meet the required technical specs. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: 1-Minute Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners Wanted Forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

We have a lot of fun here, so welcome aboard! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Oh, just to warn you now...this place can become VERY addictive! :D
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe