Olá, from Portugal

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
dark angel

Post by dark angel »

Hello, my name is Ana and I'm a Portuguese nurse.

I've loved reading all my life, even though I never read loudly.
I really liked the idea of help and participate in something other people might enjoy.

Another thing that made me want to volunteer is that sometimes people say I have a tendency to eat (occasionally) a couple of syllables. I like to improve myself and so I thought that reading slowly and carefully would be a good way for doing so (don't worry, is not that bad, and I just have to make a tiny effort so that that doesn't show).
anna

Post by anna »

Welcome Ana.
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Yes indeed, Ana, welcome!

Your recording of the Universal Declaration of Human Rightsis a real treat. Recommended listening!

David
dark angel

Post by dark angel »

Thank you, anna and earthcalling!

By the way, I'm warming up to read something in english. Just wait. And try not to laugh too much. :wink:
Cori

Post by Cori »

Ana, I think you'll be brilliant!

But even if you aren't Brilliant and are just Very Good ... making people laugh is a wonderful thing (if you don't mind in yourself too much) ... and it will encourage other people too -- they'll think "well, she doesn't sound SO bad ... maybe I CAN do it too."

Good luck!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
dark angel

Post by dark angel »

Well, I'm aimimg for not so bad. And I love a good laugh, even if the joke is on me. :lol: In fact, specially if the joke is on me! :wink:
KATWAL

Post by KATWAL »

Welcome Ana,

The international flavor of LV is one of the most appealing aspects. Please, please jump right in!

Katwal
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. M. Mead
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Welcome - looking forward to hearing your voice!

-Catharine
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Oi Ana,

If you ever need somebody to do some proof listening, I speak (Brazilian) Portuguese fluently.

Seja bem vinda ? Librivox.

Judy
"To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward." L. Frank Baum