Hi, new here

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Mani

Post by Mani »

Hello all

I'm new here so I figured lets do the propper thing an introduce myself.
I read A LOT (have to because I'm dislectic) but also like to listen to how other people read my fav. books.

My all time favorite writers are Lovecraft, Poe, J.Austen and a couple of Dutchmen you will prob. not know. I also tend to like childerens books, must be the child in me :roll: .

Well that should be sufficient for a hello mail, do feel free to point out typing errors (as I said dislectic ...)so I might not make them in the future, well I hope.

-MANI-
"wear me as you spiked heel, I'll bite into ice for you"
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Welcome Mani! Glad you've joined us. Go on over to the "Readers Wanted" section and find a chapter you would like to record.

One of the nice things about recording is that if we stumble over our words (which I do often!) we can just read it again, and edit out the stumble... and no one is the wiser *grins* ... I've also found that reading aloud (and recording) has helped my reading skills... I pay a lot closer attention to words and I actually look up words that I don't know the meaning of or don't know how to pronounce.

Well, Happy Reading! =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
kayray

Post by kayray »

Mani wrote: My all time favorite writers are Lovecraft, Poe, J.Austen and a couple of Dutchmen you will prob. not know. I also tend to like childerens books, must be the child in me :roll: .

-MANI-
Welcome, Mani! We've got Northanger Abbey over in Readers Wanted, if you'd like to read a little Jane, and I'm planning to start a new children's book project soon, so keep checking. I love children's literature, too!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Hi Mani and welcome! I'm so glad to see one of my podcast listeners finding their way here and joining in. I do hope you'll join in reading some projects with us!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman