Hi from a Finn @ Tokyo

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ilahdus

Post by ilahdus »

Hi all!

Found librivox some weeks ago when searching for audiobooks to comfort me in rush hour trains where reading a book is impossible.. Was delighted by the whole idea, and have been donwloading and listening since, and now gathering courage to take part in recordings.

From what I gather from this forum, it's not generally thought as a bad thing to read in English even if it's not ones native language. I am also considering reading in Finnish, the Gutenberg project should have enough interesting material available.

And yes, I have read hints to start with the week's poem to get started. :-)
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Indeed! You'll find that the majority here are extremely fond of accents from all around the world. I adore listening to accented English. And some of us frequently listen to languages we can't understand atall. You'll find you're not entirely alone here as you dive into Finnish texts. :D

You know what you're up to.
Come back here to let *us* know what you're up to, okay?
Welcome welcome welcome!
Anita
kristin

Post by kristin »

Welcome! Yes, weekly poetry is a great place to start.
Ozymandias of Egypt

Or if you would like to ease into things a bit, Raezel has a Finnish poem available for anyone to record:
Liian Paha Sappi
raezel

Post by raezel »

Hi and a warm welcome.

kristin already pointed to the drection of Liian Paha Sappi, so I won't do that, but if you have spare time and interest, I would greatly appreciate any help on proof-reading my Finnish translation of the site (not completely done, but getting there). It can be found here http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/FinnishHomepageTranslation

EDIT: Now it's done.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Greetings from another Tokyo-based LibriVoxian. Have fun recording in whatever language you choose.
Kristen
http://www.mediatinker.com
[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/KristenMcQuillin/]My recordings & claimed chapters[/url]
ilahdus

Post by ilahdus »

Raezel, I took a brief look, quite a lot of work you've done there. Impressive. :-) I didn't quite have time to read it trough properly but I did notice some typos. I'm now wondering how to comment on it -- a private message to you or direct wiki-access (or something, I really don't even know how all this wiki-stuff works..)?

Others, thanks for welcoming messages, I look forward to sharing my accent with you! ;-)
raezel

Post by raezel »

Thanks aloit ilahdus.

PM is fine, or you can edit them out yourself if you prefer. To edit them out yourself just register to the wiki and off you go.