introducing Alina

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Alina I

Post by Alina I »

:clap: So glad to meet you...and in the very ozzy way: how you're doin', mates? :D
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

G'day!

Are you from Down Under? (And I love "Alina I" like it's the start of a dynasty!) :wink:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Samanem

Post by Samanem »

Welcome to Librivox Alina! Thanks for joining!

To help get you started as quickly and easily as possible with recording I'll paste some links below. People here are very helpful and friendly, so don't be afraid to ask any questions you have along the way. Drop a post in the "Need Help" Forum if you have a specific question and you'll get the help you need.

Here's the Newbie Guide to Recording:

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

But the first step will be to upload a 1-Minute Test Recording:

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Someone will check out your test to make sure your settings are right and also to make sure it sounds okay. This test is not for any kind of audition purposes, just to make sure it's okay technically. Most people use a free program called Audacity (get the beta version - it's more stable and has better features tan the non-beta version), but you can use any program you want, we just have to have a certain format settings and a certain volume level so that the end result can be handled in a uniform way. Once you're reasonably in the right range, you can dive into the projects listed on the threads and pick something (start easy since the editing is what takes the most time!), or you can find something in the public domain ("PD") and read that.

So welcome, again, and have fun!
Samanem
:mrgreen:
"I ask to be allowed to have a lamp in the evening;
it is indeed wearisome sitting alone in the dark." ~ William Tyndale (1494-1536)
|