Greetings from Texas!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
bignate_2000

Post by bignate_2000 »

Hey y'all!

I'm Nate Saffle, I'm a 25 year old PC Technician at a School District in East Texas, but don't worry, the accent doesn't come out in my reading too much. :D

My wife of 4 years, Cassandra, and I live in Montgomery, TX and are graduating from SHSU in December 06.

I decided to join up because I've always loved to read, but rarely have time to pick up a book, so I found War of the Worlds on LibriVox, downloaded it to my MP3 player and began reading. I enjoyed it so much I decided to employ my own voice to the collection.
[i]?Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the ways in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting?[/i]
[b]- Aldous Huxley[/b]
KATWAL

Post by KATWAL »

Greetings Nate,

Hey, we love accents around here so if you like, let er rip!
No need to hold back. You might even read something that calls for a Texas drawl.

Anyway, glad you've joined. Maybe Cassandra will to!

Kathy
bignate_2000

Post by bignate_2000 »

Yah, I bet some Mark Twain would sound good with the southern drawl. I'll hafta get somebody on that.
[i]?Every man who knows how to read has it in his power to magnify himself, to multiply the ways in which he exists, to make his life full, significant and interesting?[/i]
[b]- Aldous Huxley[/b]
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

A great place to stick Twain stuff is over in the current Short Story Collection, over here.

If you've not done recording before, be sure to check out the wiki (linked to at the top of the page), particularly the Newbie Guide to Recording. We suggest that you try something quite short first (Weekly Poetry is a great ploace to start) so that any weird technical issues can get worked out early. :)

Looking forward to hearing your voice!

-Catharine
Laura

Post by Laura »

Accents are good!! Welcome to LibriVox and enjoy yourself here!!!
*//Laura http://www.librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/LauraD