Salutations!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Gwyn

Post by Gwyn »

Hello, Gwyn here.

I'm a complete book geek, and I recently found this site when searching for Oscar Wilde.... Though I'm still a teenager, I hope to be able to help out with some readings, and contribute to this wonderful project in any way I can. :)

About me: I'm an American, currently studying art at a local university. I have many younger siblings that I have always read to sleep, and I can do a magnificent Smeagol/Gollum voice impression, as well as a passable faux British accent. XD I love music, Jane Austen, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Roald Dahl.

Other than that I'm mostly boring. :D

Can't wait to join the project!
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Hehe, hardly sounds boring, luv. Just go on ahead and jump right in! I'll be cliched and recommend starting with a short story or poem. Sounds boring comparatively, but it's how I began myself, and it really is the best way to work yourself in.

That being said, I seriously want to hear you read something in a Gollum voice.

Maybe one of the Federalist Papers.

But that's just my two cents' worth of horrible advice.

:wink:
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Welcome Gwyn. You are by no means the youngest here. We have a 10 yr old who contributes. And many other teens. Looking forward to hearing you. :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Caeristhiona wrote: That being said, I seriously want to hear you read something in a Gollum voice.

Maybe one of the Federalist Papers.
:lol: (literally!)

Hi Gwen, and welcome! :D

It's definitely a good idea to start with something short (Weekly Poetry is often a good place to go) - this gives you the chance to get familiar with your recording setup, and us the chance to determine straight off if there's anything wonky with your recordings - e.g. input volume is frequently on the low side. Check out the wiki (linked at the top of this page), esp. the Newbie Guide to Recording. :)

Looking forward to hearing both your natural voice... and your Gollum voice. :)

-Catharine