Hello From Phoenix

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
wkbabb

Post by wkbabb »

My name is Bill and I'm looking for a new experience. I took a class in doing voiceovers, and this website and mission were recommended as not only a good cause, but also a great place to practice doing narration. I'm looking forward to getting started.
Bill
Samanem

Post by Samanem »

Welcome to Librivox Bill! Thanks for joining! There are a lot of people herefor the same sort of experience you've come for, and there are some professional voice actors here, too, so there are often some very interesting discussions in the forums that might interest you! There are also lots and lots of people here who do this just for the fun and love of it. :D

To help get you started as easily as possible I'll paste some links below. People here are very helpful and friendly, so don't be afraid to ask any questions you have along the way.

There's the Newbie Guide to Recording:

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

But the first step will be to upload a 1-Minute Test Recording:

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Someone will check out your test to make sure your settings are right and also to make sure it sounds okay. This test is not for any kind of audition purposes, just to make sure it's okay technically. Most people use Audacity, but you can use any program you want, we just have to have a certain format settings and a certain volume level so that the end result can be handled in a uniform way. Once you're reasonably in the right range, you can dive into the projects listed on the threads and pick something (start easy since the editing is what takes the most time!), or you can find something in the public domain ("PD") and read that.

So welcome, again, and have fun!

Dennis
:mrgreen:
"I ask to be allowed to have a lamp in the evening;
it is indeed wearisome sitting alone in the dark." ~ William Tyndale (1494-1536)
|
KayCeeLove

Post by KayCeeLove »

Oh yay! im from Phx too!... well Tempe :)