Just call me Billy

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
billyuno

Post by billyuno »

I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, and get a chance to do some reading aloud. I'll be interested to see what people think. Thanks!
kayray

Post by kayray »

Hi Billy, welcome to librivox! Claim a chapter of something and jump right in. The Grimm's Fairy Tales project (over in Readers Wanted) is a great way to get your feet wet. If you have questions about how to get started or anything, ask away!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Cori

Post by Cori »

Nice to meet you, Billy. Am I gonna get a silly answer if I ask where Neptune is ... and what makes the West especially nice..?
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
billyuno

Post by billyuno »

Thanks, kayray, and Cori.

Neptune the eighth planet from the sun in our solar system, with a mass of 10 to the 24th power kg, and 13 natural satellites. It was discoverd by Johann Gottfried Galle (based on predictions by John Couch Adams and Urbain Leverrier) on September 23, 1846. It seems to have an atmosphere composed mostly of Molecular hydrogen 80.0%, Helium 19.0%, and Methane 1.5%.

Neptune is also the Roman god of the sea, and of horse racing. Very big in Kentuky. His symbol is the Trident.

And to me, Neptune is a place far away from Earth, and her troubles. Plus I just thought is sounded cool when I thought it up out of the blue one day.

WEST SIED!

:wink: