Bonjour ? tous de Paris

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Isabelle

Post by Isabelle »

Hi ! My name is Isabelle, from Paris.

My english is not so good so I use Old Time Radio shows and Librivox recordings to make progress. It helps me a lot and it's also a great pleasure. Currently, I listen to Pride and Prejudice. It's not easy but I persevere for it's fascinating !
Now I think it's time for me to volunteer. So if you need some recording in French, here I am ! I like american litterature but maybe you'd like to listen to poems or short stories from french litterature. Every suggestion is welcome.
Le bon chemin est jalonn? de sources (proverbe chinois)
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Bonjour Isabelle, and welcome!

We will certainly make good use of your French, and hopefully persuade you to read in English too, as we love to have a variety of voices and accents. It's one of the great things about LV. No doubt someone will be along shortly to point you in the direction of literature in French, but my pet project is the multilingual recordings of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We're trying to get readings in as many languages as we can, and multiple versions in each language. We have a French recording already, but the more the merrier!

Here's the project thread, where you'll find all details:-

http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2595

Any questions, just ask!

David
Isabelle

Post by Isabelle »

Bonjour earthcalling,

I read the thread about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and I saw there was a French recording already... I didn't understand you were interesed in other version in French. That's great. So this will be my first recording.

Thanks a lot for your reply and your help. I will join the thread about the Universal Declaration and ask you if I have any question.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

You could also read Les Liaisons Dangereuses - I think Hugh is looking for more readers! Just post in the thread to find out.
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=212

Welcome! :)
Last edited by Gesine on July 23rd, 2006, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
kayray

Post by kayray »

Hi Isabelle!

Another way you can help is by providing example recordings of the French words, names, and phrases that show up in so many old books and which many of us have trouble pronouncing :) If you'll check the "help wanted" or "listeners wanted" sections of the forum from time to time, you'll see people begging for help with French.

Have fun!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Bienvenue Isabelle!

On aura peut-?tre encore besoin de lecteurs pour "Les liaisons dangereuses". Si cela te dit, n'h?site pas ? y faire un petit tour (voir le lien de Gesine).
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hi, and welcome! We're getting a real French contingent here. :)

-Catharine
Isabelle

Post by Isabelle »

Hello,

Thanks to everybody.

I'm sorry I've some problems with audacity and my mic but I think everything will be ok next week for my first recording. Maybe some friends of mine will fit into the french contingent. I recruit...

Have a nice day.

Isabelle