Hey everybody ;) - New reader here

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
dexnell

Post by dexnell »

I've been looking for soemthing like this for a while. I'm glad i finally found it. i enjoy listening to audio books and I really would like to dictate myself. I always read out loud. I do a bit of public speaking. I've even entered some public speaking competitions and done pretty well. I'm from Trinidad and Tobago. That's in the caribbean for those that don't know it. We were in the world cup ;).
I look forward to meeting people here and getting involved.

Thanks,
dex
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello dex,
welcome to LibriVox. Since the worldcup I know where Trinidad and Tobago lies. :D
Great to have you here. Jump right in and grap a chapter to record!

Rainer
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)
dexnell

Post by dexnell »

I started with a poem but I will pursue a chapter soon though.
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Ah, Trinidad and Tobago! I listened to the two poems you recorded a couple times each because your voice has such a beautiful, rich texture to it and I couldn't figure out the accent. Welcome!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Hi there Dex, and welcome to LibriVox!

I've just listened to your 'Art and Heart', and it is absolutely delightful.

Great to have you here!

David
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hi! Glad you found us, and looking forward to hearing your voice. :)

Another way you can help us, since you enjoy listening, is to pop in at our Listeners Wanted forum. We like to proof-listen to books before putting them up for the public, and usually we're listening just for long repeats or silences. It's a lot of fun, and it's a great way to be involved.. because, well, my workplace would mind if I tried recording there, but they don't care what I'm listening to through my headphones. ;)

-Catharine
dexnell

Post by dexnell »

Thanks for the welcome guys. LibraryLady, Although I know I do have an accent. Trinidadians don't ever seem to think we do have an accent. This is because it's easier for us to adapt to other accents. When we travel to foreign countries we tend to blend in easily.

This place is really fun and I'm glad I found it. I'll be sure to get into some listening projects - I can do it at work too. ;)

So I look forward to interacting with all of you.
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Everyone has an accent to someone else! It's one of my favorite things about LibriVox. :D
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
kayray

Post by kayray »

Hi Dex, I just listened to your recording of "Art and Heart," hoping to hear a delicious accent, and I was not disappointed. I love to hear varieties of English which sound different from mine! So I hope you'll keep reading for us :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Say dex, are you busy or available for reading?
I'm reading my cluster of chapters for Awakening, and I thought this would be a great story for your expressive voice.
I have 4 brief chapters -- lovely, languid writing -- I think it's gorgeous -- and would love to share one with you, making it the equivalent of some short stories.

As I was reading over my text files in preparation for recording tomorrow, you just sprang into my mind.

Let me know if you'd like to see the text, okay?
--Anita