New member from Kleve (Germany - NL)

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
lexh2004

Post by lexh2004 »

Hello,

I would be pleased to join in reading. :) I prefer German (though my native is Dutch).
I used to work as a teacher and school advisor. This site with free educational audio fits very well to my ideas about accessible education in the developing world.
Lex Hogenbosch (www.oogvoorghana.org)
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Hi Lex. welkom. My parents are dutch but dont realy speak any. There are alot of german projects going on here. Maybe you can find one that suits you. If you have your recording setup already, maybe I can entice you to record "happy Birthday Librivox" in dutch and german. Just translate those words and say them ( no need to sing anything) Include your name or nickname in the recording. And send them here:

http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2833

You can use the uploader:

http://librivox.gesine.org/uploader/upload.cgi

Save the file as a wav. Thanks :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
KATWAL

Post by KATWAL »

Greetings Lex and welcome to LV.

You are right about LV being a great educational tool. I'm hoping to have my granddaughters help with a recording sometime. I believe just the idea of recording a story or poem will open doors in their minds.

Kathy
lexh2004

Post by lexh2004 »

Hello Starlite,

Congratulations with your Dutch, excellent. I uploaded the file you asked for but I don't know if it came to the right place. Probably I have to get used to some of the tools you are using here.

Thanks Katwal for welcoming me. It's an interesting challenge to find out the way spoken and written language can be used in education to encourage and improve reading and writing. :)
Lex Hogenbosch (www.oogvoorghana.org)
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Hi Lex, What type of file was that which you sent? I can't open it. Would it be possible to export it as a .wav file and resend? Thanks :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw