New newbie

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Lya

Post by Lya »

Hello, I'm Lya.

I am a student from Zurich in Switzerland and have been listening to several LibriVox audiobooks.
I thought that I should like to try reading as well. However, I will only be able to do so after 11th august because I have exams to study for (it's hard enough not to listen to audiobooks all the time :wink: ).

This is a great project, and I would like to be a part of it.

Yours
Lya
kayray

Post by kayray »

Hi Lya, welcome to LibriVox! Please make yourself at home and let us know if you have any questions. Good luck on those exams! :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
dallas

Post by dallas »

I am new to here as well. I am american but grew up in England. I work in Ft Worth and have the time to listed to books all day. I would like to help as much as possible.
Dallas
kayray

Post by kayray »

A hearty welcome to you, too, Dallas :) If you'd like to start your very own introductory thread, go to the "introduce yourself" forum and hit "New Topic" :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
vee

Post by vee »

Welcome everyone! Please study and pass your exams, we'd hate to be the cause of a missed degree! When you're ready to get started, poetry is a great place to started.

Hope to hear you soon!
Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Welcome both of you! Lya, go study.. then come back! Dallas, if you're keen on listening, it'd be great if you'd head over to the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum. We try to proof-listen everything before cataloging it and making it available to the entire world, and we can ALWAYS use proof-listeners. :)

-Catharine