Hello from Winnipeg!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Astreja

Post by Astreja » July 1st, 2006, 1:09 am

I found out about LibriVox from my partner, who collects audio books. The idea of expanding the reach of public domain literature really appeals to me.

I'm a fortysomething musician, computer geek and cat lady. (Feline commentary will be duly edited out of my MP3's, promise. :D)

MermaidMaddie

Post by MermaidMaddie » July 1st, 2006, 2:31 am

Welcome, Astreja! It's always nice to "meet" fellow cat people.
Ha ha...Those cat noises may not as easy to edit out as you might think :wink: Mine make sure to make as much noise as they possibly can while I am trying to record... And not even cute meowing, which I'd be half tempted to leave in. :roll:

Anyway, welcome :D
[color=green]"Elphaba, where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true...we call it 'history'. "[/color]

[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/MermaidMaddie][color=purple]MermaidMaddie's Wiki Page[/color][/url]

ceastman

Post by ceastman » July 1st, 2006, 2:18 pm

Hi Astreja! Welcome. :) I think you'll find you're in good company on all aspects - there are several 'cat people' (including yours truly!), some music folks, and a whole lotta computer people. A pretty friendly bunch, all in all.

Feel free to poke about, and see what appeals to you. We can always use help over in Listeners/Editors Wanted - we 'proof-listen' most recordings before releasing them to the public catalog, and it's a lot of fun. New recordings, of course, are always appreciated too. ;)

-Catharine

hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh » July 1st, 2006, 3:08 pm

we like cats, car horns, doorbells and the shuffling of paper. not too much mind you, but a little bit adds the spice to our recordings that just shouts out: "librivox" !

ps whats with all the canucks all of a sudden??