How do I 'grab' a chapter?

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Millbeach

Post by Millbeach »

Hi Tina: I'm a British ex-pat living and working in Boston. I've been flirting around for months now with Librivox, getting my laptop in working condition, getting a headphone and mic, etc. etc. I'm now finally set and want to start reading Some Jane Austen, but how on earth do I grab a chaper to read? My mouse just hovers over the words and nothing happens.

Thanks, and please don't snicker too much at this complete 'newbie' ....

Cindy
Cindy
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Hi Cindy,

Don't worry, there's no snickering here! If anything's worth laughing at, we do it out loud!

Go to one of the Readers Wanted forums (there's one for Books and one for Short Works and Poetry). At the top of the forum there's an announcement 'Please read this before posting or recording' - which is always worth a read.

Once you're ready to claim a chapter, post a reply in the discussion thread for that work, saying which part you want. That should all be explained in the first post in that thread - that's the place where the coordinator should tell you all you need to know.

David
jbieber

Post by jbieber »

Hi Cindy,

There are still some unclaimed chapters of Mansfield Park, I believe. Look for it under collaborative works. It's being coordinated by an expat American in the UK. Really!
"To please a child is a sweet and lovely thing that warms one's heart and brings its own reward." L. Frank Baum
kayray

Post by kayray »

Hi Cindy, nice to meet you :) I'm going to move this thread over to the "New Here" section, where it really belongs :) Happy reading!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
mcrandall

Post by mcrandall »

Cindy, welcome.

I'm sensing that it's likely a number of chapters of Sense & Sensibility will come available after June 30 (my first date to check in with folks who have uncompleted chapters). If you start watching the topic, you'll be notified when I post the released chapters!

Thanks,
Michelle
My first novella is NOW available!
https://www.amazon.com/Souls-Fire-Memoirs-Flame-Journey-ebook/dp/B088P5LSVB