hello

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Caffeinated

Post by Caffeinated » June 23rd, 2006, 3:16 pm

Hi Everyone :D,

I'm new here... don't have a means to record anything yet, but I'd love to help out any way I can.

Linda

Starlite

Post by Starlite » June 23rd, 2006, 3:22 pm

Welcome Linda!! There's always room for help in the "listeners wanted" section. Ndoo just posted a neat mystery there!!! :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw

a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs » June 23rd, 2006, 4:40 pm

She did?! Wow -- I love mystery, and ndoo/Nikolle is an awesome reader.

Hi Linda!

Welcome, welcome!
The fun is in the forums.
The heart is in the recordings.
And a batch of facts are in the "wiki" -- http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/HowToVolunteer

If you feel like it, come back here to *your* thread and tell us what you're up to -- or if you have any questions!

anita
Anita

Caffeinated

Post by Caffeinated » June 23rd, 2006, 9:58 pm

teehee... "wicki"... I just love the sound of that! I'm having a blast actually... just got finished listening to the first half of James' Turning of the Screw... I normally don't listen to books on tape or anything like that, but this is turning out to be a lot of fun :D

Also, I wouldn't mind reading some poetry, from any time period, british or american... however, I'm not sure what equipment I need... and it would be something I'll have to go out and buy, b/c I don't have any at all (except a tape recorder)...

For the time being, however, I'm more than happy to assist by 'listening.'

Linda

a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs » June 23rd, 2006, 10:38 pm

Hey then, let's get you geared, because there are a few unclaimed chapters left, I notice, and a few books still to begin. ;)

Have you already read through 'Volunteering' post in FAQ?
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=877
that lays out the whole process

the wiki link in my previous post leads to the Newbie Guide to Recording as does this:
http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording

and when you've done that homework ;) come back and tell us what you think.

poetry, eh? Well... there's some of that left, too.

--anita
Anita

ceastman

Post by ceastman » June 24th, 2006, 10:21 am

There's ALWAYS poetry. :) Every week, in fact, a poem is chosen with the goal of getting as many people to read it as possible - it's a nice way to get started with the recording process. And there's also a poetry collection going - record any public-domain poem you like, and submit it there. Both can be found in the Readers Wanted: Short Works section.

(And if you find that someone else has already done your very very favorite poem - no worries! As Weekly Poetry exemplifies, we like having multiple recordings!)

-Catharine

Caffeinated

Post by Caffeinated » June 24th, 2006, 1:52 pm

I should be able to catch a ride and buy the things I need by next weekend, or maybe sooner... Your guide is very helpful, but I think I'll know if I know what I'm doing once I'm doing it ((er... maybe extra caffeinated today))...

As for poetry, the weekly poem sounds like fun, and I see you don't have any of Millay's works or Wallace Stevens or Tennyson! I would LOVE to do Tennyson! (y'know, after I get my feet wet...)

Linda