Howdy Y'all from Tennessee

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
designcrit

Post by designcrit »

Hello LibriVoxers:

I'm sitting here in my kitchen in Knoxville typing with my daughter Chloe on my lap. She wants me to say "hi."

I'm a trained book designer and educator who stumbled accross LibriVox yesterday. Over in the "Suggestions, Comments, News, and Discussions" forum I've proposed creating and having my students create downloadable CD packages for LibriVox recordings. Anita, Kri, and Hugh seem to like the idea.

I'll likely post a few of my own designs over the summer, then assign students to design covers in the fall. I teach graphic design, typography, and computer skills. You can see some of my designs and my students at my blog address below. They are creating book-length print-quality designs from Project Gutenberg texts in PDF form.

So anyway... Howdy from the land of Dolly Parton and the Smoky Mountains.
www.opendoordesign.edublogs.org
open source graphic design
kri

Post by kri »

I must say I find the idea of designing books very interesting :) Welcome to the crew!
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Welcome! I have made Audio CD's for my mom and made some CD labels too and I know it can be a difficult task so I will definately be using your designs. My 16 year old son is an artist too but specializes more in computer animation. He won second place at the local film festival in the highscool division for his animation. :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Welcome! I've watched your thread regarding CD covers with interest and enthusiasm (though I haven't posted there yet) - it sound very neat. :) We're pleased to have you, and hope you enjoy your stay!

-Catharine
vee

Post by vee »

Hi there! We were toying with making downloadable CDs in the past, but it took a lot of time. With a bunch of students, the process may be a bit easier.

Thanks for joining up, look forward to the CDs!

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
Robicus

Post by Robicus »

Hi! I live in South Knoxville. I love Librivox, I'm working on an Aesop fable right now. I hope you're well!
Rob Howard
www.robsellsknoxville.com