hello from Michigan

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Deb

Post by Deb »

You know how NPR membership drives always point out "you know you use and value the service, so why not take the next step and become a member"? It took only three Librivox recordings to get me to the next step! I'm now the proud owner of a headphone mic and will be exploring the long ignored GarageBand program on my mac. I hope to produce my first recording very soon.

All best,
Deb
kri

Post by kri »

Awesome! Welcome to the inside of LibriVox :) I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you haven't already, check out the short works section, there are a lot of great places to start there. It's easier to find something short for your first piece to do, so you don't get overwhelmed with everything at once.

If you haven't already seen our wiki help pages, this page will help you a lot: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

How tremendously exciting! Welcome. :)

I second kri's suggestion that you start with something short. For one thing, we've noticed that GarageBand only gives you about 30 minutes of recording time. Many of us use the free program Audacity, which gives you essentially infinite recording time. But GarageBand is a great place to start.

Enjoy yourself!

-Catharine
Deb

Post by Deb »

Just downloaded Audacity so I've got options. Can't wait to get started :)
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Deb, Welcome! pssst... I grew up in Kalamazoo =)

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.... maybe someday we can have a LibriVox recording session with all of the members in Michigan! =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!