An old member trying again

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Welsh Librarian

Post by Welsh Librarian » February 24th, 2010, 4:13 pm

Sometime ago I tried to join this forum and was having no joy whatsoever but as I was still getting messages from the forum (most recently about the fund raising scheme) felt that I should try again. So far it seems to be working so hopefully I can try and become a member again and help with your projects

RuthieG

Post by RuthieG » February 24th, 2010, 4:34 pm

Welcome! I'm glad you persevered. :)

Were you thinking of doing some recording, or proof-listening, perhaps?

You may like to take a look at the Wiki (linked at the top of each page) which will help you to find your way around. :)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding

Welsh Librarian

Post by Welsh Librarian » February 24th, 2010, 4:53 pm

RuthieG wrote:Welcome! I'm glad you persevered. :) Were you thinking of doing some recording, or proof-listening, perhaps? You may like to take a look at the Wiki (linked at the top of each page) which will help you to find your way around. :) Ruth
I'm quite happy to do some listening and I am quite taken by the fact that you are currently doing "Off on a Comet" by Jules Verne (which I shall reference in a later post). If you will permit me to reacquaint myself, I'll put in formal requests when I know what I am doing

RuthieG

Post by RuthieG » February 24th, 2010, 5:13 pm

Take all the time you need. And if you have any questions, there are always plenty of helpful folk here. :)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding

Welsh Librarian

Post by Welsh Librarian » December 7th, 2010, 3:43 pm

Hopefully a new laptop computer, professionally approved headset mic and a wireless connection should put me in a better stead

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tests/test_welshlibrarian.mp3
[b]Good evening, gentlemen[/b]

Starlite

Post by Starlite » December 7th, 2010, 4:33 pm

Great test! Love the accent. :mrgreen:

Volume is a bit low though. I amplified it by 7 db and there was no significant background noise. Make sure your mic input is up to max. In audacity, move the microphone slider all the way up. You can also set the mic input through windows. (do both) Click 'control panel' 'sounds and audio devices' click the 'voice' tab. Move slider all the way up. You can also try the 'test hardware' tab. Your wav forms should peak between .5 and 1.

Very detailed instructions can be found here:
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Setting_Recording_Input_Level

You could try another if you wish but amplifying this one is good enough.

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw

Welsh Librarian

Post by Welsh Librarian » December 7th, 2010, 4:39 pm

Starlite wrote:Great test! Love the accent. :mrgreen:

Volume is a bit low though. I amplified it by 7 db and there was no significant background noise. Make sure your mic input is up to max. In audacity, move the microphone slider all the way up. You can also set the mic input through windows. (do both) Click 'control panel' 'sounds and audio devices' click the 'voice' tab. Move slider all the way up. You can also try the 'test hardware' tab. Your wav forms should peak between .5 and 1.

Very detailed instructions can be found here:
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Setting_Recording_Input_Level

You could try another if you wish but amplifying this one is good enough.

Esther :)
Thank goodness for that. You have a rough idea how long I have been trying to help with this organisation. I suppose next is to try and find someone doing something Vernian (ideally Around the World) as a dramatic work and asking to play Inspector Fix! :clap:
[b]Good evening, gentlemen[/b]