Rochelle

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
rochelle

Post by rochelle »

Hey all...for some reason, I just learned of LibriVox today. While I can't promise loads of my time, I'd like to give it a shot, pending verification that I have the tech capabilities and proper hardware to do so.

I'm a librarian/blogger/editorial consultant/parent, and I've had experience recording texts for campus disability support services. Plus, I like to hear myself talk. :D
vee

Post by vee »

welcome aboard!

I signed up a month ago and did a section for Treasure Island. It really doesn't take that much time. I've spent a lot more time listening to everyone else's recordings.
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
kayray

Post by kayray »

Welcome, Rochelle! Just claim a chapter and jump right in... all you need is your voice, a mic (mine's a $30 USB mic), and some recording software. And give a holler if you need any help!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
pberinstein

Post by pberinstein »

Welcome, Rochelle! Where are you a librarian? We've just been talking about doing outreach to libraries.

You will love this place. Especially if you like to hear yourself talk. <g>
Paula B
The Writing Show, where writing is always the story
http://www.writingshow.com
rochelle

Post by rochelle »

Yep, I'm a librarian. I'm also interested in ebooks and etexts, and am involved with a mostly open source ebook project. And, I blog in two places, LISNews.org, one of the most widely-read library/info sciences blogs, and my personal blog, Tinfoilraccoon.com.

I got a bit distracted after I registered to help out (domestic disaster involving a roofing project, and then Thanksgiving), but I hope to be able to dive in here, soon. Let me know what you're thinking about in terms of library outreach. I'll also blog about the project some time in the next couple weeks.

rochelle
Vlooi

Post by Vlooi »

Another Librarian! YaY!

I'm going to shamelessly try and recruit (beg) both of you (all of you) over to DP and the DP team, I started for Librarians and Informaticians.

Infomagicians

Please, Please, Pretty Please! You don't have to do a thing. Just join.
inka

Post by inka »

In German computer science is called 'Informatik' - so does my being an Informatik-ian count? ;)

Inka
Vlooi

Post by Vlooi »

It's close enough for me :D

You're welcome there any time :wink: