New here ---- been thinking about reading for several years!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Darko

Post by Darko »

I am Darko. I love to read aloud. Just finished setting up a small home recording studio and I'm ready to read! Is there a list of requested books to be read?
neerajanagarajan

Post by neerajanagarajan »

Hi Darko,

Welcome to LibriVox! Delighted to have you join us! :)
Before you start recording, please go through the wiki - http://wiki.librivox.org/ - once. A one-min test recording would be nice.
No, Darko, there's no specific "list" of works - anything and everything in the public domain should do! Also, you can also record your favorites, even if they're already on the catalog - we love having different versions of the same books.
If you've got any question, ask away!
Have fun. Happy recording! :D
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Darko wrote:I am Darko. I love to read aloud. Just finished setting up a small home recording studio and I'm ready to read! Is there a list of requested books to be read?
There are numbers of books just waiting for readers - any of the Readers Wanted ones would welcome you with open arms :D

Anne
Darko

Post by Darko »

Good to be here! Looks like "The Complete Memoirs of Jacques Casanova - Vol 2" needs some readers. What fun!

I'll do a one minute sample tomorrow and then start reading!

Here goes something... :)
Darko

Post by Darko »

I recorded a 1 minute test and uploaded it and then let my computer sit there for hours and hours when it said

STEP 5 -- Wait for your URL - do not close this page until your URL appears. It will appear above.

....But it never did.

Should I just try again?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

If you say what you called it and which folder you were tring , I'll look and see if it is there

anne
edit
can't see it in any of the obvious places - you better try again. Make sure after you browse and select the file you hit upload as well , it should be pretty fast

Anne
Darko

Post by Darko »

It worked this time!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/test_darko.mp3

Let me know what you think. This is with zero editing... I'm recording with Reaper which is new software to me.
Darko

Post by Darko »

ok... step 6.

Wait for feedback....
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi
I've had a busy day and missed the post, usually some one else will pick it up , but no one seems to have noticed - so I'm here but I can't find your test :( . It is possible /probable that I deleted it in error, I had a big pile of them but I did think they were all last month - very sorry , so could you upload again ? and post in Listeners Wanted so someone is sure to notice there

Anne
Darko

Post by Darko »

Here it is again!

Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/test_darko.mp3

I'll go post it elsewhere as well.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Answered in other thread :D

Anne
Darko

Post by Darko »

Howdy all!

I'm finally back - and in a position (and motivation) to read for the general good.

I clicked on my old test read and got a 404 "not found" error. I remember getting good feedback on my MP3, but that was a couple years (and a few computers) ago and I don't think I'll be able to find it. Since then I've upgraded my hardware to a really high-quality recording setup. Can I dive right in or shall I re-record my introductory "1 minute test" ?

I'd love to record something now with my new setup to put under my belt! Any suggestions?

It's good to be back!

Love, Darko
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi there, and welcome back!

It's better to redo the little test, especially as you've changed your setup. Post it over in "Listeners Wanted", there it will get better exposure than here.

Have fun! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Darko

Post by Darko »

Ok! Here it is:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tests/Test_Darko.mp3

I'll post it over there, too....

Looking forward to reading!

Darko
Darko

Post by Darko »

A half-dozen years go by...

Hi all! I joined Librivox in 2010, recorded a 1 minute test, and then didn't record anything else. I did the same in 2012. Now it's 2018 and I'm determined!

I'm away from my girlfriend for about a month performing in a production of the musical ROCK OF AGES. So... volunteering with Librivox will help me stay out of trouble. :) Today I transformed a small walk-in closet into a vocal booth and set up my old Marshall microphone with a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 input I picked up recently. I've recorded a new 1 minute test:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_darko.mp3

I look forward to your feedback -- and then to jump into a recording project!

Love, Darko