Positively Brilliant!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
SunnySideUp

Post by SunnySideUp »

Hi everyone! :) My name's Sabrina, and I am a first-year college student. My first and greatest love is English, but I am also fluent in Spanish and semi-fluent in French. I finished my finals last week and discovered LibriVox soon after. I used to be a heavy sleeper but it seems that I can barely tear myself from the computer these days. It's simply a dream come true in my case; I have a required English class next semester where we will be expected to read Austen, Bronte, and many other authors featured here. Can't wait to spread the word to all my friends! :D I would love to read at one point, though I have an embarrassingly child-like voice (telemarketers ask me whether I could grab my "mummy")... I'm just so happy to be here and hope I can help the cause.
~Carpe diem~
kri

Post by kri »

Welcome, I hope you enjoy LibriVox :) We'd love to have you record, or help in any way you'd like! Don't worry about the childlike voice at all. You could put it to good use doing children's lit, or even some serious stuff. I have the same problem with the childlike voice that you do, but I am as of yet undaunted! I've done the Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Conrad's Heart of Darkness, and a bunch of other stuff that probably don't call for a high pitched girl's voice.
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hi Sabrina! Welcome to LibriVox.

Kri's right; don't worry about the sound of your voice. As long as it's comprehensible to someone listening, it's just fine. Matter of fact, I rather look forward to hearing you read, if you choose to do so!

-Catharine
vee

Post by vee »

I feel so behind, all these multi-lingual volunteers.

Welcome to LV. Big thing to remember is that we generally sound very different recorded than in our heads. So don't worry. This is a great place to practice too.

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein