Another one from Poland willing to help

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
wilq

Post by wilq »

Hi there !
I accidentally found this website and i think that the idea behind it is just great. I come from Poland and have an ability to speak fluent English and (how come ? ;) ) Polish. Since I' m an IT guy I have an extensive knowledge of computer vocabulary in both languages. I' ve noticed the topic about "Pan Tadeusz" and would be glad to help if there is a possibility.
Anyway great to be here :)
kayray

Post by kayray »

Hi Wilq! Nice to have you here. Make yourself at home, and just yell if you have questions!

Happy reading,
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
vee

Post by vee »

Great to have you aboard. I'm sure you've probably found all of our various resources. The best place to check things out is probably the wiki, but if we don't cover something there let us know. Might be worth adding it.

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hi Wilq! Nice to have you. :)

Looks like thistlechick finished uploading text a little while ago. She's on vacation currently, but let her know you're specifically interested in that project by sending her a private message (use the You Have X New Messages link up at the top of the page to access the PM area).

Meantime, there's plenty you can do for other projects! We can always use help over in Listeners Wanted - there, individuals proof-listen to chapters before they're released to the world: we look primarily for technical issues, long pauses, repeats - anyway, there's a FAQ. :)

If you're interested in recording, I'd suggest starting with something short, such as Weekly Poetry or Aesop's Fables (both over in Readers Wanted: Short Works). They're good pieces to get used to the recording and editing process with.

Enjoy yourself!

-Catharine