Hello from India

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
chickooshake

Post by chickooshake »

I think there is something magical about listening to literature. I am hoping to add more Indian flavour to the catalog by recording some works that have been influential here. It's good to know there are people around to ask if I need help during the process. Thanks for being there.
neerajanagarajan

Post by neerajanagarajan »

Hi Chickooshake! :)

A warm welcome to LibriVox from a fellow Indian. So delighted to see you here.
Yes, listening to literature (AND reading out loud) is a REALLY wonderful thing! And yes, the catalog definitely needs more Indian flavor than just I can provide ;)
Hope you see you around often. Have fun here! :D If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask!

P.S. Which part of India are you from?
chickooshake

Post by chickooshake »

hi neeru,
i am from kerala but have found my way to MP now. i am thinking of bringing Tagore's Gitanjali or Songs of Kabir to Librivox. i'm also exploring the copyright restrictions on various poetry being published in translation. would you like to collaborate?
neerajanagarajan

Post by neerajanagarajan »

Hi Chickooshake,

I know Hindi, but I can't read well. :oops: But I can still help out - if you read, I offer to prooflisten! :D
I was thinking of Songs of Kabir myself. And I've got some books in Tamil that I hope to read for LibriVox sometime.
But before we get committed to ambitious projects, I think it would be helpful if you could record a little sample/test recording. Nothing much, just 1-2 mins of recording, and upload it to the tests folder on the uploader, and post the link here (or on the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum). One of us will check if all the tech specs are right, if the volume's OK, etc, and then you'll be good to go. :D This will make things much easier for you on your own project.
Also, I suggest you try out short sections first. There's the MULTILINGUAL POETRY COLLECTION, where we could try submitting shorter Hindi poems first. Once you've gotten the hang of it, go ahead, start your project and I'll prooflisten for you :)
But if you're already comfortable with the idea of recording, then no problem!
Hilara

Post by Hilara »

Oh, cool! I'm glad Chickooshake's taking this up!

Neeru, remember our conversations about Kabuliwalah? Let's do something about it when we're both free? Pretty please with blueberries on top? :D
-Hitha.
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Hilara wrote: Pretty please with blueberries on top? :D
Mmmmm, blueberries! Image
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
Hilara

Post by Hilara »

LOL! Has all that talk about Thanksgiving in the Off-topic forum made you hungry?
-Hitha.
jeevanism

Post by jeevanism »

chickooshake wrote: October 12th, 2009, 8:03 am hi neeru,
i am from kerala but have found my way to MP now. i am thinking of bringing Tagore's Gitanjali or Songs of Kabir to Librivox. i'm also exploring the copyright restrictions on various poetry being published in translation. would you like to collaborate?
Another malayali here