hallo

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
anna

Post by anna »

i'm Anna and i live in maastricht , i listen to youre reading with a lot of fun and i have to make a compliment to the reader of wind in the willows fantastic the singing, the voices it is all there.
i hope my english is not to bad it is allong time ago that i wrote in english
kri

Post by kri »

I'm really glad you enjoyed Wind in the Willows. Welcome to LibriVox :) I hope you enjoy more of our projects.
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Welcome to LibriVox, Anna! I know that Maastricht is a lovely city but I haven't been there since I was a baby. I'm very happy that you enjoyed Wind In The Willows; we enjoyed making it too!

Your English is just fine; in fact, it's a LOT better than my German!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
vee

Post by vee »

Hi Anna. We all seem to understand exactly what you wanted to say, so don't worry. Glad you found us, and hope you have fun here.

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
anna

Post by anna »

well I have listened to a lot of your books already and it was a pleasure to do so, and my english, well I do my best .
My schooldays are far behind me so I'm some what rusty (is this correct?) :)
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Idiom is the most difficult part of a language to master. I'm really quite impressed! Yes, you are somewhat rusty, but your use of an idiom like that shows a deep understanding of the language.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
lonelynocturnal

Post by lonelynocturnal »

Compared to many Americans, your command of the language seems excellent.

Ich lerne Deutsch seit vier Jahre in der Schule, und meine ganze Familie sind deutsche. Mein Deutsch ist aber nicht so gut, weil ich dumm bin. Lesen und Hoerverstandnis finde ich leicht, aber wenn ich Deutsch schreibe oder spreche, klinge ich wie ein kleines Kind.

Anyway, I'm new, too. So welcome. =)
anna

Post by anna »

Lonelynocturnal, Deutsch ist eine sprache die ich spreche , aber schreibe ist eine andere sache ich weis nicht ob das was ich jetz schreibe richtig ist, aber wen man es nicht versucht lernt man nie etwas. Ich komme aus die Niederlande und deutsch is nicht meine muttersprache.
Und dumme menschen gibt es nicht.
welcome to you to :)
StefanS

Post by StefanS »

Precis, Anna.
Een hartelijk welcom! Ik zie er geen problem met jouw duits.
Voor mij is't juist hetzelfde met het nederlands. Ik heb van 1992-1996 in Belgie gewoont (vlakbij Maastricht) en heb nederlands alleen door luisteren en verzoeken te spreken geleert. Maar nu, bijna 10 jaar later zonder te oefenen, begint praten voor mij heel moelijk te werden. En ik zal niet beginnen van het schrijven te spreken... :shock:

Have fun... and I hope to see some dutch projects soon, as I recall having seen some dutch people around... and would like to hear more of this language :wink:
Regards
Stefan
anna

Post by anna »

Hallo Stefan, ik zie geen probleem met jouw nederlands maar zoals je weet of niet weet , wordt er hier in maastricht dialect gesproken, en daar zitten nogal wat duitse woorden in.
En duits dat leerden we vroeger niet op school, maar van de televisie toen er nog maar weinig zenders waren.
En het engels komt ook wel weer terug, veel oefenen.

And every language has its difficulties for non-native speakers. :)