A Newguy

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Corey

Post by Corey »

Howdy, my name is Corey as you might have guessed. I am Kri's fiance, and so obviously I am pretty familiar with librivox, because it's all that she ever talks about heh.

So I guesse this is where I introduce myself. I am 25 and was born and raised in Louisiana, but thankfully I survived that experiance. I am a manager at a bagel shop here in New Hampshire, which is something I would never have thought I would end up doing. I am a bibliophile, but in no way could I ever be called a Techie....computer jargon, and the intricacies of file types and whatnot just put me right to sleep. That is probably the biggest reason that i have not signed up or contributed to librivox, but I know that Kristin will help out with all of that.

Well, Ive signed up, and we will see if I can get up the motivation to start a project. I already have one in mind.
marlodianne

Post by marlodianne »

Aw, she converted you! :D Welcome to LibriVox! We'll never let you leave....;)

Don't worry about the tech stuff, it's actually pretty easy. It's just that, like the sciences, they like to use big awkward fancy words to make it seem more important. :P
Marlo Dianne
Writer, Artist, Wondergeek
forbiddendragon.blogspot.com

"We live as though the world was as it should be, to show it what it can be." --Angel
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Welcome to LibriVox, Corey! It's good to meed you; LibriVox isn't actually the ONLY thing Kristin talks about... ;)
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Welcome Corey! You'll be hooked before you know what hit you. :)
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Welcome Corey. It's as if we already know you, Kristin talks about you *all the time* (only joking). Great to have you here! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Aldark

Post by Aldark »

Welcome aboard Corey!
vee

Post by vee »

Hi Corey, Welcome aboard. My wife is starting to wear down too. She's getting tired of the inside jokes, and me just laughing at random things.

Sarah:"What are you reading?"
Chris: "Just some new posts on Librivox."
Sarah:"What's so funny?"
Chris: "Well we were talking about ..."
Sarah:"Argh forget it, it'll take you an hour to explain"

Hey aren't you getting married soon? :)
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
Corey

Post by Corey »

Yeah...actually 3 weeks from tomorrow.

eeh thats soon.
marlodianne

Post by marlodianne »

Psst...Corey, you're supposed to say it can't come soon enough. That three weeks is an unbearable eternity!

This edition of How to Sweet Talk Chicks (And Stay Out of Dumb Trouble) has been brought to you by the letter E.

;)
Marlo Dianne
Writer, Artist, Wondergeek
forbiddendragon.blogspot.com

"We live as though the world was as it should be, to show it what it can be." --Angel
vee

Post by vee »

Eh, give Corey a break. We don't really learn this stuff until after we get married. I guess we can give hints now.

1) Never ever say "You look fine."
2) Never disagree when she complains about how you dress. (trust me she generally know better)
3) Always wait until you know she's about to come home to:
a) start doing laundry
b) start doing the dishes
c) take out the garbage
d) vacuum

I'm sure there more, but I'm having a hard time putting them into words :D
Last edited by vee on March 31st, 2006, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
kayray

Post by kayray »

Welcome Corey! It's so nice to have you here :)

(Marlo and Vee, you crack me up!)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Corey

Post by Corey »

Hehe, that would be mostly true, if she were not also stressing over the nearness of the big W.
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

vee wrote:1) Never ever say "You look fine."
Oh geez, tell me about it! You're taking her somewhere because it makes her happy to go rather than because you have even the slightest interest in going, she flits about for an unbelievable langth of time putting on and taking off various things while you've waited patiently, you've kept your mouth shut and a cheerful smile painted on the entire time.

When she FINALLY comes out and says "How do I look?" the answer is most emphatically NOT "You look fine, dear!"

She'll take it as an insult. Never mind the fact that you love her and think she's beautiful and would be proud to be with her even if she were dressed in a freakin' burlap sack, she doesn't want to hear that she looks "fine".

Pick something to praise, even if it's meaningless to you - "Wow, those turquoise earrings really set off your eyes nicely" is a good example of this. I have no idea what it means, but that type of sentence structure seems to work pretty well.

Just for the record, "You're wearing the same damn thing you started off wearing and if you'd just stuck with it we'd have already BEEN there by now" doesn't work at all well...
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain