Hello! Salve!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
nerdgirl

Post by nerdgirl »

My name is Lauren. I'm a sophomore from Florida who plans to major in Latin. My special interests are Latin Literature and Jane Austen.
Nerdgirl
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

Hi lauren, welcome! we have a lack of latin lit so far (i think only one psalm) ... so it,lll be nice to get some more if you're up to the task ... and you'll find lots of austen fans here.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Ave nerdgirl! Fan of both Austen and Latin right here. Would be delighted to see another Latin recording! :) Or a recording in any other language.

I think there are a couple of Austens yet unread.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
kayray

Post by kayray »

Yes, as far as I know, S&S, Mansfield Park, and Persuasion are as yet unread! We have a solo P&P and a solo Emma, and a collaborative Northanger Abbey and collaborative P&P. And a solo Lady Susan in the works, Gesine? :)

You might want to start with something short to test your equipment and get a feel for out system -- check the Short Works section, and maybe start off with a Fable, a short poem, or a short story.

And then perhaps we'll start up a new collaborative Jane project, or you might even feel ambitious enough to strike out on your own and record a solo! (We welcome alternate versions, so if your heart is set on reading Emma, it's no problem ;-)

Happy reading, and let us know if you have any questions!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Naah, Persuasion and S&S are underway as solo projects... and yes, so is my Lady Susan, though it'll take a while longer... so that leaves Mansfield Park before we're repeating ourselves! Of course we could also do it collaboratively.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein