Hello from Wisconsin

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

I'm new to volunteering here but I have been listening for several months. Not having to hold a book up when I'm having one of my 'not so good' days has been absolutely wonderful. I have also enjoyed being able to eat a messy snack and listen at the same time too. :lol: I do have one question though, what kind of time limit to complete a reading or review assignment is there?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello putzy,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Actually, every project has a deadline and you better submit your chapter/s by that date.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Just to clarify, each project has a specific deadline - some long, some short. This is stated in the first project post. Most Book Co-ordinators expect you to keep in touch, to let them know how things are going, once a month. If you appear to have disappeared, so to speak, they will send you a Private Message to ask if you are still intending to complete your section.

We all know that real life can often interfere with the much more important business of recording :lol:, so as long as you keep in touch to explain, then most Book Co-ordinators will be understanding and allow you the time you need (unless, of course, the book is complete except for one section that has hung around for a long time). I think you would agree that it is only fair on the other readers for the section to be re-assigned in that case. But this is never done until the original claimant of the section has been sent a couple of reminders.

The exception is the short works collections. For these, you choose your own poem, short story or non-fiction piece and submit it only when you have the recording ready. So, in effect there's no deadline, because you haven't had a specific section assigned to you.

With regard to solo projects, the soloist sets his or her own deadline. You work out yourself how long you think you will need to complete it. Of course, this can always be changed if you find it isn't working out. Many solos take a year or more to complete. The only time your Meta Co-ordinator may get a little worried is if nothing happens for months, and you don't post to say that you are still intending to complete it.

Hope this explains things. If you have any further questions, just shout. :)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
putzy a

Post by putzy a »

Hi,
Thanks for the information. I was worried the deadlines would be within a couple of days to a week. I'm usually not ill longer than that. :roll:
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Heh, probably I gave you far too much information. :D Rest assured, the most important thing here is to have fun. We try not to have finicky rules and you won't find a friendlier bunch of people, so you have nothing to worry about at all. :)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

putzy a wrote: March 2nd, 2009, 4:06 pm I'm new to volunteering here but I have been listening for several months. Not having to hold a book up when I'm having one of my 'not so good' days has been absolutely wonderful. I have also enjoyed being able to eat a messy snack and listen at the same time too. :lol: I do have one question though, what kind of time limit to complete a reading or review assignment is there?
My sister lives in Waukesha!

I have 'not so good' days, too.