Hello from South Bend, IN

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
henkelsc

Post by henkelsc »

Hello friends,

I was thrilled to find LibriVox. I've been listening to quite a few of the works, and I'm looking forward to contributing.

I'd like to experiment w/Audacity, my new mic, etc., for a little while longer, but I will sign up for something soon.

Hooray for all the folks from Michigan! (I grew up near Ann Arbor.)

I'm interested in the various universal access to knowledge projects, and I'm excited to contribute to one of them here.

Best,

Scott
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Welcome to LibriVox, henkelsc!

You take your time getting used to the new equipment. We'll still be here whenever you're ready. This is supposed to be fun, so we try not to pressure you. It's volunteer work, after all.

Glad you chose to join us, henkelsc - it's always nice to hear a fresh voice in the mix!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

henkelsc wrote:I'd like to experiment w/Audacity, my new mic, etc., for a little while longer, but I will sign up for something soon.
Be careful with that stuff! Experimenting with Audacity and a new mic are the gateway to a full-blown LibriVox addiction... ;)
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain