Hello from Houston

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
msirois

Post by msirois »

Hi, Everybody--

My name is Michael. I've lived in Houston, Texas, since 1970, and all over the place before that. I work at Rice University, and heard about LibriVox at a novel-writing course I'm taking here. My primary interests at the moment (when I'm not chained to my computer for work) are writing and photography, but I have been actively involved in theatre for much of my previous existence, and even did a two-year stint recording audiobooks for a local company.

Shakespeare happens to be a favorite of mine, and I notice you're in the middle of Richard II right now, so I'll post over in that thread in a few minutes.

Anyway, this seems like a wonderful project, and I'm not sure how much time I'll have available, but I'd like to contribute to some of the recordings as much as I'm able. Good to "meet" all of you.
Orato Ergo Sum.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hello Michael, good to have you here! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Welcome to LibriVox, Michael!

Ahhhh... another fan of Bill the Bard! Hie thee on over to the War of the Roses thread and sign up for Hotspur! It's the last big role left in that play and we really need someone for it.

Though to be honest, you might be better served to sign up for a couple of Aesop's Fables and/or the Weekly Poetry Piece just to limber up your LibriVox muscles. It's a lot easier to begin with something brief than to leap right into the more challenging stuff.

It's great to have you aboard, msirois - always nice to hear a fresh voice in the mix!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
vee

Post by vee »

Hi Michael. Welcome aboard. Whenever you get time we'd love to hear your voice, but please don't feel pressured. Glad you joined up

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein