New Volunteer

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
sunbandit

Post by sunbandit » March 9th, 2006, 10:55 pm

Hi! My name is Bridget and I'm interested in reading. I enjoy audiobooks myself and want to contribute my voice to your projects. How do I get started?

ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc » March 9th, 2006, 11:07 pm

Welcome to LibriVox, Bridget! It's great to have you aboard.

It's pretty easy to get started in doing this. I'd recommend starting off with something brief, like the Weekly Poetry Piece or one of Aesop's Fables. Both are found in the Readers Wanted: Short Works thread. Sign up for one and begin reading! Actually, you don't even have to sign up for the Weekly Poetry Piece since everyone reads the same one.

A lot of the basic questions are answered at the LibriVox Wiki:
http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/

If you still have questions, all you need to do is ask. You'll get plenty of answers! I'm glad you dropped on by, Bridget - it's great to hear a fresh voice in the mix!
-Chip
[url]http://ChipDoc.com/LibriVox/[/url]
[i]The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.[/i]
~Mark Twain

vee

Post by vee » March 10th, 2006, 7:22 am

hi Bridget.

The wiki is definitely the place to start. The basic gist of it is that you go to the Reader's Wanted Sections (short works or books), find a book you like, reply to the book topic to claim a chapter, record it, upload it somewhere and let the coordinator know that you finished.

Obviously there's a lot more detail. But if you have any questions, just holler, there's almost always someone around who knows the answer.
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » March 11th, 2006, 2:15 pm

Heya Bridget - how're you going..? Is the wiki answering your questions, or is there anything you'd still like to ask..?

Or are you just waiting for 5 minutes to yourself to leap into a reading..? :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!