cdm2003 - Chris

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
cdm2003

Post by cdm2003 »

I think it's funny that the first two post are by Mitchell and Chris, both of whom are 36. Well, my name is Chris Mitchell and I'm 36. :D I have an MA in History and did most of the work for a Ph.D. in the same subject, specializing in ancient and medieval history.

I'm divorced, disabled, and have two awesome kids. No baby blogs as of yet, but only because I'm just getting into the blog/podcast world. Plus, my kids are no longer babies...but rather nine and eleven. I spend a lot of my time catching up on reading all of the classics I never read in school (which, as I found upon graduating, turned out to be nearly all of them). I have a developed a deep fondness for Nathaniel Hawthorne and Anthony Trollope. When I'm not reading, I play silly online games, play with my dogs, and love to "veg out" by watching low-budget horror films late at night. :shock:

I found LibriVox while searching for an audiobook of Leaves of Grass. The notion of a free audiobook is a great one and I'm extremely happy to be able to participate in this project. I am having a lot of fun doing the recording for LibriVox even though I've just started with the Thucydides. I can't wait to do more!

Glad to be here,
Chris