Squiddhartha

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Squiddhartha

Post by Squiddhartha »

I'll break the trend by being 38 -- clearly vastly more experienced and wiser than the rest of you youngsters.

My education is in physics and astrophysics, but my career has been in computing -- software engineering and systems administration, though I'm moving more in the technical management direction lately. I live with my wife and two sons (one 8, one 6 months) in beautiful Colorado. My hobbies include Tae Kwon Do and helping to run local science fiction and anime clubs and conventions. I've been privileged to travel the world a bit for work projects, and I have a lifelong interest in languages, dialects, and accents; I speak decent chunks of German and Japanese, though I won't claim fluency, and fragments of many other languages.

I've read voraciously since age 3, and since I've been in the habit of reading aloud to my family, joining Librivox was a natural. Among other things, I've read them The Hobbit, Treasure Island, Anne of Green Gables, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the Chronicles of Narnia, some Hardy Boys books, and all of the Henry Reed books. Plus, of course, the Just So Stories, which is why I took those on as a (mostly) solo project.

I fear NaNoWriMo. :)