tis - Chris

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
tis

Post by tis »

I'm Chris - also 36, but there my similarities to 'Literate Loser' end :D . I'm a Physics PhD currently working in software development for a telecommunications company.

Based in Sydney, I'm married (and hoping my wife, who has a fantastic speaking voice, will join us soon) with a two year old son. So most of my reading out loud at the moment is classics such as 'The Tiger Who Came to Tea' and 'Kiss Goodnight, Sam'. I've got two blogs - Things I've Seen (whence my screenname 'tis') is political, social, technical and random, and Jeyanth is a baby blog. I know, I know, baby blogs are a sad parental indulgence, but I've got family and friends overseas and, and... OK, it's a sad parental indulgence. Sue me.

I'd been thinking of starting a podcast of my sermons (in my spare time I'm a preacher in the Uniting Church), and even bought myself a voice recorder for the purpose, but when I found Librivox via Boing Boing about a month ago, I immediately knew it would be much more fun!

I keep wanting to do NaNoWriMo, but somehow life, and specifically one small life, seems to make it impossible. One day, one day...

Thanks, LL, this thread is a great idea.