All hail!!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Dickens

Post by Dickens »

This site is indeed one of the top ten sites on the internet. Fortunately I stumbled in about an hour ago while doing a google search for audiobooks. I have never joined a site or a forum so quickly.

I live in the northeast portion of Wisconsin approximately 11 miles south of a small village some may have heard of. . .Green Bay, famous of course for it's pickles and cheese. I understand that certain chaps gather on Sunday's in the fall to indulge in some sort of sport or other.

In any event I am hoping to meet some great friends here and perhaps even participate in some reading.

It is certainly a pleasure to meet you all.

"It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own." Sherlock Holmes
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Hello Neighbor! Welcome =)

We're glad you're here ... there is tons of helpful information in the new Librivox Wiki http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/ ... lots of people like to begin with something small like poetry or stories... but feel free to jump in anywhere that suits you =)

Let us know if you have any questions =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
DSayers

Post by DSayers »

Dickens wrote: I live in the northeast portion of Wisconsin approximately 11 miles south of a small village some may have heard of. . .Green Bay, famous of course for it's pickles and cheese. I understand that certain chaps gather on Sunday's in the fall to indulge in some sort of sport or other.

"It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own." Sherlock Holmes
Dickens: Yeah, I know. You can't get anything done once baseball season opens in Green Bay!

Welcome. Pick something short to join in on, and after that, who knows? You'll read a whole chapter for a book, or go the whole nine yards and read a whole book.

Oops. You wouldn't understand that analogy in Green Bay. Ok then, you'll hit a grand slam and take on an entire novel!

-Denny Mike
kri

Post by kri »

thistlechick wrote:We're glad you're here ... there is tons of helpful information in the new Librivox Wiki
Owwww, sting. I didn't know you were so awfully evil Betsie.
Dickens

Post by Dickens »

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

DSayers; Yes of course we know about the catch phrase (no pun intended) "the whole nine yards," as it was the length of Brett Favre's longest completion this season.

Oh well, alas the Cubbies fire up spring training games on Thursday next and life will be good once again.

"Facts!" Hard Times by Charles Dickens
DSayers

Post by DSayers »

Go Cubbies. I am contradicting myself from another discussion (forgive me LibriVoxalytes) but "it's all good" at Wrigley Field!

This probably should go in off-topic. Still welcome, and let's hope that the Cubs join Boston and the White Sox in dumping the jinx.

-Denny Mike
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

kri wrote: Owwww, sting. I didn't know you were so awfully evil Betsie.
:? It wasn't meant to be evil... i was just being helpful.... sorry if it sounded some other way ... i'm all excited to have more people from my general area... I don't anything about sports... but I do know quite about about northern snow... hehe =)
~ Betsie
kri

Post by kri »

Ahh I shouldn't have assumed you knew what I meant. Truly, I was kidding :) I'm just silly that's all

http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18038
kri wrote:You know what really drives me absolutely and completely INSANE? I hate when people use is when they're referring to a plural object.

"There is tons of ways..." BAHHH!!! There are, there are...
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

kri wrote:Ahh I shouldn't have assumed you knew what I meant. Truly, I was kidding :) I'm just silly that's all

http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18038
kri wrote:You know what really drives me absolutely and completely INSANE? I hate when people use is when they're referring to a plural object.

"There is tons of ways..." BAHHH!!! There are, there are...
oooooh, I get it now... I actually did have it as "there are tons of" at first, but realized that the object is 'information' which is singular ... so i actually do have it correct =D
Last edited by thistlechick on February 28th, 2006, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Betsie
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Well, if we're going to get real nitpicky, the correct phrase would be "there is a ton of information." :D
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

LibraryLady wrote:Well, if we're going to get real nitpicky, the correct phrase would be "there is a ton of information." :D
*rotflmao* ... *eats more sugar and slips into a coma*

psst... sorry Dickens, for sidetracking your intro thread =D
~ Betsie
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

thistlechick wrote:
LibraryLady wrote:Well, if we're going to get real nitpicky, the correct phrase would be "there is a ton of information." :D
*rotflmao* ... *eats more sugar and slips into a coma*

psst... sorry Dickens, for sidetracking your intro thread =D
LOL, yes, sorry Dickens!!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
kri

Post by kri »

As long as we've brought some entertainment, then all is well. If not...well you can just request we delete our posts...

Nah, welcome Dickens. A very appropriate username as well :)
DSayers

Post by DSayers »

Betsie: Don't be sorry, ThistleChick, Dickens is getting a proper introduction into the playful, inventive, improvisatory mindset around here that any reader will gladly adopt and every listener will appreciate.

-Denny Mike
Dickens

Post by Dickens »

Oh by all means continue. It is like reading an episode of "Friends"

"How YOU doin?" Joey