umm...Hello

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
callacita

Post by callacita » February 26th, 2006, 12:52 am

ok, so maybe this sounds corny but i'm really excited to volunteer :D ...i have no clue what it was that triggered me to look up audiobooks on the net other than thinking about the current book i'm reading with my son and wondering if there's an audio version.Then wondering who the voices are and how they came to their particular proffession...and managed to stumble across this site...so after digging through all the extra wiring and old headphones in my office i mysteriously found what seems to be a brand new mic that fits and works :shock: ...so anywho, i look forward to not only listening to others work but getting any feedback on my own

Respectfully
Callacita
Still learnin' the hard way...

Gesine

Post by Gesine » February 26th, 2006, 3:41 am

Hi Callacita, welcome to LibriVox! Glad you've found us. Any questions, just ask! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc » February 26th, 2006, 5:53 am

Well I'm certainly glad you found us, callacita - welcome to LibriVox!

Some of those professionally produced readings are great, aren't they? I just picked up Night, by Elie Wiesel which is read by George Guidall. The guy is simply spectacular at it and I suspect it's a vain hope that I might one day approach that level of performance, but it's certainly something to strive for.

In the meanwhile, we do the best we can. Practice makes you better at this, just as it does everything else in life. Start off with something brief and work yourself up to the more challenging pieces. That's a misnomer in some ways though; sometimes the short pieces are the most challenging!

But short pieces are the best way to get used to what we do here at LibriVox. Might I recommend that you drop by Short Works - Poetry and Prose and sign up for one or more of Aesop's Fables? They're quite short, often less than a minute including the intro and the outro, and they're lots of fun to do!

Glad you signed up, callacita - it's always nice to hear a fresh voice in the mix!
-Chip
[url]http://ChipDoc.com/LibriVox/[/url]
[i]The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.[/i]
~Mark Twain

kri

Post by kri » February 26th, 2006, 10:43 am

ChipDoc wrote:That's a misnomer in some ways though; sometimes the short pieces are the most challenging!
I agree!! That's why I've been avoiding the poetry since the first few recordings I made. I just have a real hard time with poetry.

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » February 28th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Corny..?! Nah, give over, Callacita ... you think we all hang out here because we adore the colour blue ... nah-uh! we're all zipping around frothing excitedly about audiobooking.

Hmmm.

Okay.

*I AM*. I speak for myself, but ... prolly a bunch of others too. And am excited to have your energy and voice here too. Have fun!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!