Hello from Los Angeles

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
jrob1385

Post by jrob1385 » February 24th, 2006, 9:52 pm

Hey everyone,

My name is Jeff; I found this site through a listserv and I'm psyched about volunteering. I'm a broadcast journalism major at the University of Southern California right now, though I'm graduating in December. I recently recorded someone's audiobook, called Saragosa by Bill Wilbur (www.billwilbur.com), which took tons of effort! So I'm looking forward to only volunteering for one chapter at a time, because I definitely want to stay involved with audiobook recording.

I'm originally from Northern Virginia (Fairfax County) and return there every summer.

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » February 25th, 2006, 2:17 am

Heya Jeff!

Yes, the chapter-at-a-time wins my heart too ... I love recording and loathe editing, so the thought of managing a whole book (unless it was a chapter-length book) -- eeek!

Looking forward to hearing your accent - sounds like it might be an interesting one :D Have fun!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!

raynr

Post by raynr » February 26th, 2006, 5:42 pm

Hello Jeff,

welcome to Librivox. It is always good to hear new voices here. But be warned: you can't just record a chapter here and there: you will quickly get addicted to LibriVox and won't stop recording :wink:

But seriously, the concept of recording single chapters was made especially because it is clear that recording a whole book alone is very ambitious and a huge effort.
Feel free to claim any chapter you want. If you have any questions, just ask. Here is very friendly folk around, who will help you with any problems.

Greetings,

Rainer
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)

kayray
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kayray » February 26th, 2006, 6:01 pm

Hey Jeff, we're practically neighbors -- I'm in north San Diego county. Welcome to librivox! Make yourself at home here and have fun :)

Happy reading!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)

hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh » February 26th, 2006, 9:03 pm

hey jeff jump right in!