This is the coolest website EVER!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
knowcontrol

Post by knowcontrol »

I'm so grateful that I was listening to NPR that day! I think this site is incredibly innovative. It makes the most important tool of humanity available to the world. I hope I contribute as much to this project as it contributes to everyone else.
vee

Post by vee »

Welcome to LV! I guess the story is still floating around out there. I'm glad that you found us. There are a number of ways to participate. If you are up for recording there are lots of chapters available. Lots of volunteers start with a poem or short work to get some practice in.

If you don't want to record, we also have need for "proof listeners." There's a whole section dedicated to that.

If you have any questions, just holler.

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Welcome to LibriVox, knowcontrol!

I couldn't help but notice your city; I'm getting set to become one of your neighbors - moving up into the Spartanburg area sometime this year. If you'd like to read, let me suggest the Weekly Poetry selection. It's a particularly nice poem this week chosen for Valentine's Day. Though you're certainly welcome to jump into any of the current projects or even start a project of your own, starting off with something short makes it a lot easier to get into the swing of the LibriVox way of doing things.
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1333

But as vee mentioned, there are also plenty of non-reading opportunities around here.
http://librivox.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=21

It's great to have you around - I'll wave as I drive through Columbia on my way to Spartanburg!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain