Howdy!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
temac

Post by temac »

My name is Ted and I live in Central Texas with my lovely wife of [hummm] years. I heard about Librivox this week on The World (NPR) and thought I'd check it out. I love to read and used to do it regularly with my kids, till they grew up and got lives. Now I volunteer several hours per week reading for the blind, on recorded media and live radio. That's not to say I'm any good at it -- a volunteer is a volunteer, after alll...

So, of course I can't pass this up. I'm still browsing the FAQs and finding my bearings, but I hope to start recording soon. Any encouragement and advice will be very welcome.
kri

Post by kri »

The best and easiest place to start is the weekly poetry over at Short Works (Poetry and Prose). The poems usually take a couple of minutes to record, and you can have something simple to practice editing on.

If you're feeling adventurous, and once you feel comfortable, the next best step is to claim a chapter for one of the many collaborative book projects we're working on. Might I shamelessly plug the book I'm coordinating, The Count of Monte Cristo? Some day, if you ever feel ambitious, you could start a full book project on your own. Although, not everyone endeavors to do a whole book themselves. It takes a lot of work.

Welcome to Librivox, and I hope you enjoy yourself! If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
vee

Post by vee »

Hey another Texan! Great to having you coming by, and hopefully you can find what you're lookig for. If you still have questions just chime in!

Welcome aboard!

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
kayray

Post by kayray »

Welcome, temac! Glad you've found us -- another willing voice is always appreciated :)

Just look around for a while, and then dive in with a recording -- a short work as Kri suggested is sometimes easiest, but if you see a book that you just love, go ahead and claim a chapter and start reading :)

Give a yell if you have any questions!

Kara
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)