Looking forward to getting my feet wet

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
craftmuffin

Post by craftmuffin »

Hello from another newbie!

I love reading aloud and can't wait to contribute to the LibriVox project. I made my first home audio book recording when I was about 12 years old, putting Angelina Ballerina picture books on tape for my younger sisters. (Alas, those surely are not in the public domain!)

My goal is to record a few chapters or other short pieces soon so that I can get up to speed in time to sign up for one of the upcoming Shakespeare readings. I hope that we'll be branching out into the tragedies and comedies soon!

Jena
vee

Post by vee »

Hi Jena! Thanks for coming in. I'm sure that there will be more Shakespear projects soon. We've just got a lot of stuff running right now :)

Holler if you need help.

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hi Jena, and welcome! - I also did my first one at 12, I think. I recorded several audioplays (whodunnits) with a friend. We did sounds, too - footsteps in the dark, lighting of cigarettes, that sort of thing. It was great fun.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein