Hello all, new member with praises 4 "The Call of the W

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Estwingr

Post by Estwingr »

I've been downloading audio books from this site for a month or so now. After listening to "Call of the Wild" by Jack London, I just had to thank all who made that recording possible. What an excellent reading, honestly. Thank you!

Jeff
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hi Jeff - I didn't read that, but want to thank you for posting, all the same! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

thanks for the comment jeff - so nice to hear from some listeners!
kri

Post by kri »

I just recently finished The Call of the Wild as well, and absolutely loved it.
vee

Post by vee »

My wife loved Call of the Wild too! She's been using it to improve her english.

Welcome Jeff! Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm sure all the readers appreciate that you enjoyed it!

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
DSayers

Post by DSayers »

Friends: I must agree. Call of the Wild was the first complete LibriVox recording I've heard.

And I was thinking ... why would anyone pay a dime for anything that would be such a pale imitation of bibliophiles READING THEIR HEARTS OUT like this??? No professional reader could bring such a variety of passion to their vocalizing.

There are no favorite chapters for me ... every single reader brought their special talents to the chapter they read. As someone who has many friends in French Canada, I can aver that the chapter devoted to those sled riders was *impeccable*. And the final chapter was absolutely brilliantly [how many adverbs can you string before the sentence falls apart?] and competently rendered. As an ensemble, it's a tour de force!

When are there going to be awards for what we do? If so, I nominate Call of the Wild, and Rainer's Twain on The Awful German Language. Oh yeah, and Treasure Island, the second LibriVox book I've read. So if others aren't on my nomination list, it's only because I haven't gotten around to you yet.

-Dennis
GordMackenzie

Post by GordMackenzie »

:D

Everyone loves to get positive feedback!

When Librivox got started, a secret fear that lodged in my heart was that no one would ever listen to the recordings we were doing and that what we were doing was therefore pointless... so it is fantastic to hear from listeners who have actually listened to the recordings (let alone to hear that they actually LIKED them!).

Thanks for the kind words.
Gord Mackenzie
gord[dot]mackenzie[at]gmail.com
Librivox Wiki Page: [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/GordMackenzie]GordMackenzie[/url]