Greeting all libriphiles!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Hmm3r

Post by Hmm3r »

When I can get myself organized and the volunteering figured out I hope to contribute on a regular basis. I'm wanting to do some readings in ancient Hebrew and Greek as well as some chapters from the Wanted section. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area with my wife and three children (all under the age of six). My whole family loves books, and I believe the stories really come alive when the printed word is read aloud.
vee

Post by vee »

Wow Hebrew and Greek?! Most people I know that can read both are theologians. You don't happen to fit into that category? :)

Welcome to site. libriphiles, I kindof like that. We've never had a name for members, that I'm aware of. Either that or we're Librivoxians, doesn't flow quite as well.

Holler if you need help

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hebrew and Greek, that's great! We have a psalm recorded in Latin, so far...

vee - yes, or Historians!

Welcome to LibriVox!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Librivocalists.

Peter
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

yes my usual moniker, librivoxer is a bit pugulistic!
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Hmm3r wrote:When I can get myself organized and the volunteering figured out I hope to contribute on a regular basis. I'm wanting to do some readings in ancient Hebrew and Greek as well as some chapters from the Wanted section. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area with my wife and three children (all under the age of six). My whole family loves books, and I believe the stories really come alive when the printed word is read aloud.
Splendid to have you!

As a fellow Bay Area member, I encourage you to put yourself on the map of Librivox volunteers:

http://www.frappr.com/librivoxvolunteers

Have fun - I understand neither Hebrew nor Greek, but I look forward to hearing your voice. :)

-Catharine
Hmm3r

Post by Hmm3r »

vee wrote:Wow Hebrew and Greek?! Most people I know that can read both are theologians. You don't happen to fit into that category? :)

Welcome to site. libriphiles, I kindof like that. We've never had a name for members, that I'm aware of. Either that or we're Librivoxians, doesn't flow quite as well.

Holler if you need help

Chris
I am a Presbyterian minister, and I read/critique doctoral dissertations for a nearby seminary. I was the Latin reading of Psalm 23, and thought that theology and history students might enjoy some Gk and Heb. I had no idea the invention "libriphiles" would generate such a response. I think I'm going to really enjoy this community. Thanks for offering your help. :)