Hello from OlyWa

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
banghi

Post by banghi »

hey folks, i have been a big fan of project gutenberg for ages now and always wondered when some site like this would eventually pop up. glad to have found you and may try my hand at reading to advance the cause. still perusing the faq's and such and working out some kinks with my recording setup (getting weird pops and such in audacity, think its my ancient mic).

pax
lance aka banghi
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hi Lance

Welcome to LibriVox!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
vee

Post by vee »

Hi Lance. Sometimes those pops you hear are from your system. Are you plugging an 1/8" cable into your computer or are you using USB? With the 1/8" cables you can experience interference from other components, which may cause the noise you're hearing. I guess without a sample, it's hard to say. If you have a USB mic you shouldn't get any irregular noises, except for those inherent in the microphone or poor circuitry.

Jump on in when you get a chance. If you need any other help just holler.

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein